Piano Adventures® Level 5 Technique & Performance Book
You can order this book online here:
The Piano Adventures® Technique & Performance Book, with page-by-page correlations, is the essential companion to the Lesson & Theory Book.
The Technique & Performance Book combines two essential elements of pianism.
- The student develops technical skill through the application of “Technique Secrets.”
- Engaging etudes and performance pieces allow these techniques to be tools for musical expression.
This integration of technique and artistic performance, the sequence of Technique Secrets through the levels, and a unique emphasis on gesture that coordinates arm, wrist, and fingers make this series especially powerful.
The four Technique Secrets of Level 5 are:
- Closed Hand for Scale Passages (Finger Fireworks)
- Round-off (Sighing)
- Voicing the Melody (Melody Maker)
- The Up-Touch (Finger Springs)